Flash Writing Contest
Books Along the Teche Literary Festival Short Fiction Contest
All are welcome to showcase their writing talents at the inaugural Books Along the Teche Literary Festival Fiction Contest. We are currently taking nominations on Facebook for the contest’s theme. Theme submissions should be one to two words inspired by South Louisiana. A theme will be randomly selected on February 28, 2023, and announced on our Social Media pages, website and in our newsletter.
Once the theme is selected, let the inspiration begin. This contest is for flash fiction and short stories only. Deadline to enter is March 23, 2023.
- All works must be original.
- Writing must relate to the theme and be considered fiction.
- Must not exceed 1,500 words
- A cover page should be included with each entry.
- Cover page must include the writer’s name, telephone number and email address.
- Writers’ names should only appear on the cover page.
- Title page should include only the writing and its title.
- Stories should reflect the designated theme.
Submit entries to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: BATTLF Contest Entry. A top three will be selected. The winner’s work will be published in The Daily Iberian, Acadiana Lifestyle and booksalongthetecheliteraryfestival.com website. In addition, they will also receive a gift card to Books Along the Teche. The winner will be announced on April 1, 2023 at noon at Rodrigue Park on Main Street. Attendance is not required to win, but is encouraged.